Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wired Nextfest 2008 Exhibits


I really like the exhibit Art of Play by Erik Natzke. His use of flash is also really creative and something that you don't usually see. His works are really abstract and show a lot of movemet, and its amazing to see the whole process he does and the finished project. If you look at his photostream on flickr it shows all of his works. My favorite one is called "Trbt" which is the one i posted above. I love the colors and movement it shows.

Brainball is another exhibit that I find really interesting. I've never heard o something that can detect brainwaves and stress. To play the game you need two players, the players sit across each other at a table with a ball between them. The headbands monitor stress, and the computer that the stress data is sent to controls the ball, and directs it away from the stress. So whichever player has the least stress the ball then rolls away from. I think its a really creative to turn it into a game.

The ckBot from the University of Pennsylvania was another one of my favorites. The robot can be broken into pieces and it will reassemble itself back together using infrared and cameras. It seems kind of creepy, as if it had a mind of its own but I think its amazing that they have the technology to create a robot that can even put itself back together.


The erasable paper is another brilliant idea, not only will it reduce the amount of paper that will have to be recycled, but it will also help people use less because you can just reuse the paper that you don't need anymore. I am wondering how much more it will cost to create this paper though.

1 comment:

John Dolan said...

Beautifully written. I cannot wait until the next entry. Ciara delivers!!