Saturday, November 22, 2008






Performance Art Piece

For my performance art piece, I painted using blacklight paint. Before class I painted on the back "Technology Reveals Art" and during the performance in class I painted a quick picture of flowers. The paint I used was blacklight paint so it didn't really show up in normal light. When I was done painting we went into a dark room and turned the blacklight on and showed the picture, then I flipped it over to the back and showed the saying on the back. Overall I liked doing this project, and I really enjoyed watching everybody else's performances.

9 comments:

brendan wallace said...

ciara- your concept was really cool because it was straight to the point, but still kind of exciting because we got the shock of the black light...something i wasn't expecting because i was sort of in the back of the crowd. the simplicity reminds us that there's still a lot you can do with just a few small technologies that we take for granted every day.

Anonymous said...

I think the glow in the dark paint was a good idea because it only really showed with the black light. Brilliant

-ryan m

ckumka said...

I didn't know exactly where you were headed with your performance art in the beginning, but the black light made it awesome! The saying was perfect as well!

Flimsy Sensation said...

I LOVE THE BLACK LIGHT PAINTS ...

WE CAN DO VERY NICE STUFF WITH IT ..

Shawn Rubin said...

I love things that deal with glow in the dark or black lights. awesome concept and performance

John Dolan said...

creative

tasermely said...

The black light got the point across without being over done. I loved it!

Matt N. said...

really cool, your a very good painter, i could never do that live

berni M said...

this was awesome! i love neon glow things and it was really cool. nice concept- great job